Battery World's Privacy Notice for California Residents
Battery World Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in Battery Word’s general privacy notice found on our website under the link “Terms and Conditions” and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California ("consumers" or "you"). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice. To the extent this Privacy Notice for California Residents may be interpreted to be inconsistent with Battery World’s general privacy notice, this notice shall control for California Residents.
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. We do not sell your information.
Information We Collect
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). Battery World may have collected the following categories of personal information from California consumers within the last twelve (12) months (although that does not mean we have collected this information from or about you):
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Veteran or military status (only if military discount is sought by the consumer).
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified (anonymized) or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Battery World obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Purposes for Collection of Categories of Information
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment, facilitate delivery and for purposes of any product warranty. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your motor vehicle(s) or interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, customer experience, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Use of Personal Information
We do not allow any third party to use your information for any purpose other than supporting or enhancing our customer relationship with you.
Battery World will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Battery World may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose to help us better support our customer relationship with you.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers that help us enhance your customer experience and our relationship with you.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Battery World has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Selected personal (military status related to offered service member discounts);
- Commercial information;
- Internet or similar network activity;
- Geolocation data; and
- Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers that help us enhance your customer experience and our relationship with you.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Battery World disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you, if any.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you, if any.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information, if any.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, if any.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request), if any.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Battery World delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information, if any, from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- 1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- 2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- 3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- 4. Exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- 5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- 6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- 7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- 8. Comply with a legal obligation.
- 9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing Questions@Batteryworldonline.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot substantively respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete if:
- You provide the authorized agent written permission to do so; and
- Verify your identity directly with us
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing (including electronic e-mail notification).
We will deliver our written response electronically unless you direct us to deliver by mail.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Questions@Batteryworldonline.com
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Battery World reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our systems including our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Battery World collects and uses your information described below and in the Battery World Privacy Notice for California Residents, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
364 Hord St. Harahan, Louisiana 70123 or Questions@BatteryWorldonline.com